Wednesday 16 April 2014

Concept Art

Concept art is key to all animations, we do it to get our ideas down on paper so we can picture what the eventual production will look like/get a sense of the style of the animation.
Below you will be able to find my concept work for my major project ( The Treehouse ) as well as various other studies to help improve my concept skills, you should hopefully be able to see the progression in my technique through my work. 


We had a professional concept artist who came and taught us techniques and ways to quickly get your ideas down, I did find this very challenging as i'm quite a tight and neat artist so it was great to find out where my faults are and what I need to do to improve on them. Please click the first image and scroll through to see the full size image.



Class Exercises:








Master Study:
The aim of this task is to produce very rough copy of an original painting produced by one of the masters of art, below you will be able to see the comparison between my attempt and the original. The key aim of the project is to see how your eye can read colour and how accurate you can get the colours in you replacer. The image to the left is my attempt and the original is on the right.


From this first attempt I found that although my colours were very similar to the original I was slightly darker with the colours that I chose as you can see at the bottom of the document, Mine being (A) and original being (B)


In my second attempt it was apparent that some of the colours that I was using were slightly darker than that of the original. The same can be seen in my third attempt below.


My final study although not as detailed as the previous images the colours were more accurate than all of my previous attempts.


Concept art for my final project:
Below are some concepts that I produced to help with the production of my final project, you will also be able to see these concepts plus more on my The Treehouse page at the top of this blog.





Treehouse Orthographic Drawing 





Character Props Sheet





No comments:

Post a Comment